[GRLUG] VSphere Converter Installer for Linux

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Sun Nov 16 15:07:05 EST 2014

On 11/16/2014 01:58 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Nov 2014, John Wesorick wrote:
>
>> Can't you just dd the drive to a raw disk file, then use that or convert to
>> whatever format you want?
>>
> Have not tried it, but all fo the references I have seen indicate That
> does not work with Windoze, .. too many hardware drivers involved.
>
> 	Lee

Try cloning the drive with clonezilla.

Get a copy of clonezilla.
Plug the drive into your vm host or a machine with storage accessabel by
your vm host.
boot clonezilla and clone an image of the disk to the vm host accessable
storage.
Define your guest machinge.
boot clonezilla on the guest machine and restore the image
disconnect the clonezilla boot disk and boot the restored image.

Sounds messy but really not too bad once you do it a couple of times.

--
Patrick Goupell

Are you free?  Find out at http://www.sedm.org/
Income taxes?  Find out at http://www.whatistaxed.com