[GRLUG] Wireless Router suggestions

Godwin godwin at grandrapids-lug.org
Fri Jun 13 17:34:08 EDT 2014

+1 on Ubiquiti LR (long range) AP's.  I manage 3 (one local and two over an
IPSEc vpn link).  I can also confirm that they don't work with Cisco POE
switches (SF500's and SG500's).  I use the included POE adapter for the
local one and a tough switch pro 8-port for the two over the VPN link.  All
managed from the same local controller.  It's a beautiful thing.

G-

On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM, Matthew Seeley <matthew at threadlight.com>
wrote:

> +1 to Ubiquiti.
>
> If you need something that you can pick up in a store *today*, I've had a
> lot of luck with the Asus RT-AC66R using the new firmware. Nice, fast,
> solid, reliable.
>
> Not as pretty as Ubiquiti. But very convenient.
>

> --
> Matthew Seeley
> Threadlight Systems
> PO Box 2909 Grand Rapids, MI. 49501
> (616) 328-5649
>

> On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 6:22 AM, Adam Tauno Williams <
> awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2014-06-12 at 11:37 -0400, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
>> > I need to replace 2 wireless routers at work.  any suggestions on the
>> > brand/model?
>>
>> Cisco 1140;  we buy them by the box, used, from e-bay.
>>
>> > I currently have linksys and these lasted about 3 years.  What is
>> > happening is that I am having to cycle the power daily on one of these
>> > and the other is starting to show signs of the same disease.
>>
>> Sounds normal.
>> --
>> Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam at whitemice.org> GPG D95ED383
>> Systems Administrator, Python Developer, LPI / NCLA

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/