[GRLUG] Wireless Router suggestions

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:41:54 EDT 2014

The Quick Guide says this
Power can be provided by either of the following:
• Included PoE Adapter
• Ubiquiti Networks TOUGHSwitch PRO, model TS-8-PRO

We already have a Cisco POE switch so I thought I'm good, but an
amazon question/answer(TOTALLY trusted information source) stated
Will this AP work with a standard POE Switch? Jan 26, 2014
No it uses 24 volts and the standard is 48Volts. This accesspoint is
proprietary.

Is this right?  Will this not work with my cisco poe switch?
Share and Enjoy
Ben