[GRLUG] pdf download problem

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Tue Jun 10 12:31:07 EDT 2014

I had T Rowe Price send me a pre-filled pdf form for a particular
transaction. But when I downloaded it from their message center via
Firefox, it saved and printed with all the check-boxes checked, rather
than just the ones that they had checked. The file actually shows as as
render.otc in the address line, but when I download and save it it shows
as .pdf.

Any ideas what would cause that? A search seems to suggest that .otc is
an open document charting template, not a pdf. But there doesn't seem to
be any way to get from the preview in the browser to, say, LibreOffice,
since it saves as a pdf and that saved file doesn't open coherently in
LO.

Thanks.