[GRLUG] not exactly Linux, but ...

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Sun Jun 1 00:44:29 EDT 2014

I thought I would see if anybody had any advice here. I am trying to run
an IPv6 tunnel with Hurricane Electric, but there is apparently a
problem with the firmware on AT&T Uverse's router that makes it
impossible. According to my research, protocol 41, which is what the
tunnel uses, gets forwarded to an AT&T server of some kind, maybe
because they're planning to use it in their own IPv6 implementation when
they get off their collective ass and make it work! Setting the router
to DMZ+ mode, which supposedly redirects all traffic other than TV
packets to my internal router, doesn't override this. AT&T will not give
me different firmware because what I have is current, and they won't
give me a different router without paying for a higher tier of service,
which I refuse to do on general principles.

Any suggestions? I'll take recommendations for another provider if you
have any. Alternatively, does anybody have experience using a 3rd party
router at the edge with AT&T Uverse?