[GRLUG] finding dhcp lease info

Mike Williams knightperson at zuzax.com
Sun Jan 26 13:05:15 EST 2014

+1 to this. A while back, the newer versions of the venerable WRT54G
series of routers started shipping with much weaker hardware and a
VxWorks operating system instead of the classic Linux firmware. Not
coincidentally, they also started to suck at the same time! I recommend
Tomato firmware if your device can take 3rd party builds. I ran it on my
current router for years, only replacing it because my box doesn't have
enough memory to run a 2.6 kernel.

As I understand it, a DHCP reservation for a particular device can be
added within the scope of the dynamically assigned ones. I think that's
even the official way, although all but the stupidest firmware could
hand one out from outside the range also.