[GRLUG] PHP & CentOS

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Wed Jan 22 22:46:44 EST 2014

Yes, typically in later revisions of the Major versions, like 4.(7|8|9)
and with 5.10 (and apparently 5.8 and 5.9 for some packages) are putting
newer version in place side by side. Though with PHP 5.1.6 and 5.3.3 are
compiled against the same version of Apache for the magic numbers to
work.

It is simultaneously a wonderful and a terrible thing to commit to a
nearly 10 year support cycle for a Linux distribution. That means
somethings like 5.0.X MySQL will be supported by RedHat/CentOS until at
least 2017... and as 5.1.x just went off official support from
MySQL-AB/Oracle, that tells you a lot.

6.5 currently doesn't appear to have any duality about it yet... but I'm
sure it will be coming.