[GRLUG] Exchange Replacement Opportunity

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Feb 12 12:40:17 EST 2014

On Wed, 12 Feb 2014, Dave Chiodo wrote:

> Not really. By transmitting your information over any unencrypted Internet
> link, you are in effect "giving" it to any/all the same people that you are
> paranoid that google might give it to.

Not quite, .. for two reasons:

 * By always using SSL encryption, there is at some level of security;

and

 * With the BILLIONS of links concurrently on the 'Net at any instant,
   sniffing one conversation spread across multiple NAPs is a LOT more
   complicated than receiving a  data dump from
   Google/Yahoo/AOL/ATT/Charter, et al.

> However, you make your choices, I'll make mine.

As do we all.

	Thanks!

	Lee