[GRLUG] Backup of user machines

Josh leapole at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 21:53:46 EDT 2014

Sounds like the best thing to do is write a script to zip/encrypt whatever files then upload them with FTP/email or something.  Then figure out you rev's server side for space considerations.

It's one file that you install..  Schedule it with at

Or a simple scp could work
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

A binary plus a script...  Two files on the clients machine with an at schedule.

So why Cygwin for all this?

Looks like they got a full featured ssh tool set for windows and we all have a copy of putty already I would think.

I know this is not a packaged solution.  I also know this will not allow you to pass blame when it fails, so prolly typing this for no reason...

Josh