[GRLUG] Tech support position with Linux

Rob Geer geer at umich.edu
Mon Sep 9 14:10:53 EDT 2013

We have an opportunity open right now for the individual who is interested
in tech support, likes open source technology, enjoys working with Linux
and enjoys working on a small team where you can have a large impact.  Our
client is looking for an IT Support Technician in the West Michigan area
for a contract position with possibility of going full time.

Provide technical assistance and support related to computer systems,
hardware, and/or software.
Provide back up support to IT Department Manager.
Provide basic training of current system and/or software.
Create documentation to assist with any basic training provided.
Operational knowledge of server maintenance and builds.
Troubleshoot problems and assist team members with problem resolution
related to application use.
Assist team members with problem solving related to current operating
system.
Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Access.
Have working knowledge of Linux.

*Requirements:*
BS or BA in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field is
preferred.
Must have excellent customer service skills.
Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Ability to operate independently or as part of a team.
Good oral and written communication skills.

Please let me know if you are interested and I can forward your info to the
recruiter.

Thanks
Rob Geer