[GRLUG] Getting a straight connection from Comcast

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Sat Oct 26 08:21:49 EDT 2013

On Oct 26, 2013, at 8:18 AM, Richard Nienhuis <richardnienhuis at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I ordered comcast I just told them I was supplying my own modem and bought one.

Oh yeah, that’s right, they lease, don’t they.  How soon I forgot how the cable company works.  Probably a good idea.  (In which case I’m in the market for recommendations, if they’re still on the shelves.)

Also: any craziness with SMTP?  I have a Postfix config right now that establishes the required SSL connect to AT&T and authenticates plus I manage a whitelist of authorized envelope addresses.  Hoping whatever I have to do for outbound SMTP is equally or less insane.