[GRLUG] Getting a straight connection from Comcast

Matt Behrens matt at zigg.com
Sat Oct 26 08:16:01 EDT 2013

Hey all,

Doing just a little potential early scoping here.  Haven’t called yet.

Considering switching off DSL to Comcast in the Wyoming area, but I want to make sure I can just get DHCP (they still use that, right?) from a modem and no router or whatever else.  Already have a router, want to forward SSH and IMAP-over-SSL.

Is there a secret to making sure the order is placed correctly so I get what I need and not some all-singing, all-dancing, all-locked-down monstrosity?

Also, are they offering IPv6?