[GRLUG] continuing fedora installation trials and tribulations

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 20:10:20 EDT 2013

Check your BIOS/CMOS for some sort of "protect boot sector" options -
some systems had that as  crude defense against (windows based)
boot-sector viruses, and block attempts to write the MBR of the hard
drive. Obviously you need to turn these off, if you find them and they
are enabled.

What machine is this? Is it an OEM machine or a built one?