[GRLUG] query re service --status-all

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Fri Nov 29 20:48:29 EST 2013

On Fri, 2013-11-29 at 18:39 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I'm running 'service --status-all'. This doesn't look like the kind of
> result I should get, based on what I've seen online. Where are 'httpd',
> 'mysqld' and the many other services that surely are running? 'ebtables'
> isn't a process running on my computer.

ebtables is not a process, it is Ethernet Bridging.  Are you bridging
with this box?

What is the package that owns that script?

   rpm -qf /etc/init.d/ebtables

If you are not using bridging I'd see if I could remove the package.

It is very odd to have such a syntax error in the service script.
Someone must have at least played with bridging at some point or I don't
think the file would have been generated.