[GRLUG] question re teminal freezing

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Fri Nov 22 12:28:51 EST 2013

When I'm connected to a computer via ssh from my terminal (in Fedora
19), if I'm not active for a while the terminal seems to freeze up and
become unresponsive. All I can do is shut the terminal--and then I get a
warning that there is a process still running (the ssh connection?).

Is this expected behavior from the terminal? Is there some workaround so
I don't lose all the results that are in the existing terminal (other
than leaving it open while I work from a different terminal)?

Thanks.
EB