[GRLUG] Fwd: Partners-in-Crime: GR Current Launch Event Info

Casey DuBois grlugcasey at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:17:32 EDT 2013

Hello Linux friends and Makers!!!
Please register and attend this GREAT event next week Tuesday.
I look forward to seeing EVERYONE!!!!!!

Hola amigos,

In preparation for GR Current's Rooftop Happy Hour, we'd like to pass on
event information to your members, partners and staff.

Please use attached visual and direct people to sign up on our page at:
http://grcurrent.com/events/rooftop-happy-hour/

As an update, we've received incredible registrant numbers. As of now, we
are at 270, including some city/state/investor/entrepreneurial heavy
hitters (the free beer worked!). Extensive media coverage.

If you're blasting through social media, there are some awesome tags that
you can include/use.

   - GRMakers sponsored EAI's <http://vimeo.com/53135494> cable cam
   throughout the facility, taking video/pictures from above (drone will be
   there, GRPD said no flying- bummer)
   - Commissioned art piece from Reyna
Garcia<http://therapidian.org/local-artist-reyna-garcia-empowers-women-find-freedom-through-confronting-their-stories>
   be raffled. First 50 get two chances to win
   - Trying to get the iPad table from Universal Mind, to be confirmed
   - We're having more techy-based companies bringing in their toys (3D
   printer in the works)
   - Entertainment will be the Soil & the Sun
<http://thesoilandthesun.com/> (played
   at TedxGR)
   - BarFly Ventures is catering an inventive menu, complete with a Bellini
   Station!

Let me know if I can be of any assistance in communicating our event. As
our outreach is extensive, I've opened tickets to surpass the 300 limit
(physical cap at 600).

FB: facebook.com/GRCurrent
TW: @GRCurrent

Cheers,