[GRLUG] software suggestion - follow up

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 21:50:46 EDT 2013

If you've got the webserver running, ll you need to di is figure out
where its documentroot is. I'm sure that is in its documentation
somewhere.

I'm not familiar with ngnix,  but the typical "default" location is /var/www/

SSH into the box, use su/sudo to create a directory within that path.
Call it "pics" (or whatever you want)

 Then chown it to your norml non-root user account (Make one if you
dont have ne)

Then all you need to do is SCP files into it.

URL will be http://[your_server_IP]/pics/whatever_the_filename_is.jpg