[GRLUG] VPS disagreement

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:08:44 EDT 2013

Sounds like prgmr.com has a nice model. I'll keep them in mind if I ever
need to upgrade from chicagovps.

Even on SolusVM, you should be guaranteed a minimum amount of CPU time, on
a per-container basis, as determined by the kernel's scheduler and how many
containers are running on the system.

If you're getting more than this minimum amount, you're the guy hogging the
CPU!

*shakes fist*

Seriously though, containers aren't perfect, but they're incredibly
efficient (deduped RAM!), and fantastic for a lot of workloads at these
prices. If shared hosting would work for you, except for a need to install
some software or manage system configuration a little differently,
containers are awesome.

--tim