[GRLUG] CentOS IP Weirdness

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:58:41 EDT 2013

sshd might only be listening on specific IP's. If the machine has
multiple IP's, and some were configured "on the fly" after services
were started, unless SSH was restarted afterwards it my not bind the
new IPs.

Its also possible its specifically configured to listen only on specific IPs.

run this on the machine in question to see what its listening to:

netstat -tan | grep LISTEN | grep :2205

And assuming CentOS keeps it in the normal location, /etc/sshd/config
would be where to check the config.