[GRLUG] gentoo training

andross at gmail.com andross at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 13:51:04 EST 2013

When and where? I have done a few stage 1 installs, and it is pretty
fun. There are some tricks they don't mention in the handbook, like if
you have an obscene amount of RAM you can mount a tmpfs to
/var/tmp/portage/ before doing large emerges. Keep in mind, it's been
about 6-7 years since I actively used Gentoo, but you never forget how
to ride a bike.