[GRLUG] gentoo training

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:10:35 EST 2013

On 03/08/2013 10:06 AM, detrix42 at gmail.com wrote:
> @Michael Mol:  I once tried to install gentoo.  I did get it installed
> but could not get the ethernet to start up on boot.  I am used to the
> ubuntu way of setting up the /etc/network/interfaces file.  It was
> probably something very simple I missed. So, yes I would like to see
> someone install it.  And now in the future, I know I can ask you when I
> have a problem.  I have since, removed the gentoo partition.  Though, I
> might want to install it on an external HD.  I am interested in learning
> something besides Ubuntu/Mint.

Actually, what I really want to do with this is follow more of a
workshop model. Depending on how many people are interested, I'll find
some corner of the maker space (wherever that turns out to be) and try
to scrounge up that many pieces of identical hardware.

I intend to teach, not merely present. :)