[GRLUG] Autotools Tutorial(s) [Was Gentoo]

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 09:34:41 EST 2013

On 03/08/2013 09:13 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>> Knowing more
>> about build tools is never a bad thing - that magick is always there,
>> swirling about underneath, regardless of how deeply obscured.
>
> This topic made me think of this link:
>
>   <http://markuskimius.wikidot.com/programming:tut:autotools:1>
>
> A tutorial on autotools for which the author deserves a pulitzer.
>
> This goes into that intimidating topic as well:
>   <http://www.dwheeler.com/autotools/index.html>

There's also the Autotools Mythbuster, maintained by a Gentoo developer
who took it upon himself to do build a system whose job is to attempt to
rebuild all of the packages available in Gentoo using all of the
compile-time feature enable/disable switch combinations possible.

https://gitorious.org/autotools-mythbuster