[GRLUG] Suggestions for pcie laptop wifi adapter?

Dave Chiodo megadave at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 11:36:25 EDT 2013

I've got a Latitude 2100 that I want to use in an application where it
would be a wifi access point. (linux, of course)

The wireless chip/adapter in it, while it *seems* to support AP mode,
doesn't seem to actually transfer any data. Not sure if its a buggy
driver or what

The card is: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g LP-PHY [14e4:4315]

Anyway, its replaceable, and I'm looking for recommendations both on
cards anyone knows work well in AP mode under linux (Debian Wheezy, if
it matters) as well as a good source - I'd prefer to buy locally, cash
in hand, but I suspect thats gonna be a tough find, unless someone on
the list happens to have one they want to sell.

Its a "Half-size, mini pci-e" card slot so anything would have to be
that same form factor.