[GRLUG] Buying a good laptop online

Patrick Goupell patrick at upmerchants.com
Thu Jun 13 19:03:19 EDT 2013

On 06/13/2013 05:29 PM, Chris Chocko wrote:
> I'm looking to purchase a laptop for around $500 - $600. I really
> don't want to go to Best Buy. I'm not sure of my options though. I was
> going to install openBSD or a linux distro, so I'd like to skip the
> Windows 8 license if possible.
>
> Where do linux guys go to buy their Windowless laptops, or is there a
> good deal online somewhere? I'd like the most bang for my buck. I
> don't really play games, a good video card would be nice but
> definitely not necessary.
>
> Thanks for the help (ahead of time). I appreciate any feedback!

I like tigerdirect.com.  You can get refubished / off lease items for a
real good price.

I just got a delivery today of an hp (6530B) C2D-2530  win 7 home
premium, 2 gig memory, 160 gig hd for a clinet for $257 delivered.  In
all the years I have been buying from them I have never gotten a bad
piece of equipment.

--
Patrick Goupell

Are you free?  Find out at http://www.sedm.org/