[GRLUG] Evolution NO TLS?

Mark Farver mfarver at mindbent.org
Mon Jul 29 11:35:04 EDT 2013

On Jul 29, 2013 11:18 AM, "L. V. Lammert" <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> Not a POP problem, .. it's an SMTP problem. The configuration uses 25,
> however selecting "No Encryption" still uses TLS.

That would have been helpful to know in the original question  SMTP doesn't
have SSL by default (on port 25) Instead a server offers it in the
capabilities  and the connecting end chooses TLS by sending a start command.

I'm guessing but your server is offering TLS but likely has an unsigned or
untrusted certificate that is causing the connection to fail.

I'm going to guess that you are trying to send mail via exchange?

Mark