[GRLUG] Hello!

Gary Daigle zetaphor at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 01:56:08 EST 2013

Hello everyone!

Never sure where to start with introductions. My name is Gary, my handle is
Zetaphor. A few days ago I learned that this group exists, and I'm
interested in learning more.

I've been using Linux for about two years now on both my desktop and my
Marvell Dreamplug. I'm a developer by profession and a tinkerer at heart.

I've never participated in any kind of Linux related group outside of
Reddit.
For those of you who are Redditors, check out my subreddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/linuxprojects/

I consider myself to be of intermediate skill level with Linux Currently
using Debian Squeezze, building an Arch environment in a VM, reading as
much as I can about doing LFS). My ultimate goals are to learn as much as I
can about the architecture and maintenance of a Linux system for my
personal use and to satisfy my endless curiosity.

I'm interested in learning more about this group and possibly
participating, do I simply show up to one of the meetings? What kinds of
things do you guys do?

On an unrelated note, I'm also an ex-smoker and current vaper (user of
electronic cigarettes). I tinker with and modify my devices and make my own
juices. So if there are any smokers or vapers in this group, I'd love to
sit and have a chat.