[GRLUG] Rookie Network Question

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:22:11 EST 2013

Not looking to take up too much of anyone's time, but is it possible to
have two internet connections combined?  I'm looking at upgrading our
companies internet.  Currently we have a single T1 line.  Quite slow and
expensive.   I'd like to look at some of the cheaper options, like a
Comcast Business Line.  The issue with that is that it doesn't have an SLA.
 It would be awesome to be able to have the cheap fast line with the T1 as
a backup.  That way we can dramatically increase the speed but still have
the solid line with the SLA as a backup.

I have googled and found out about dual wan routers, this would work for
stuff originating in house but not stuff originating outside.  Is it
possible to combine two disparate lines so that even requests coming in
will failover to the backup if the main line is down?

Share and Enjoy
Ben