[GRLUG] Routing between subnets with iptables

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jan 16 22:28:44 EST 2013

On Wed, 16 Jan 2013, megadave wrote:

> Well, unless there is some existing iptables rule in place *stopping*
> routing between the two networks, it should automatically..

It seems like the problem is that the two networks are offnet, as it does
work fine from private -> public.

> Is /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward set? If not, the box wont do any
> direct routing at all.

Yep, .. the proxy server does work from 10.0.3 to the outside world, the
problem is that we cannot connect between machines on the bunets.

> If that still doesn't help, I'd have to know more about how the
> network is setup..

External router		10.0.1.254
Main server		10.0.1.200
Proxy Server		10.0.1.253
			10.0.3.254
Back Server		10.0.3.200

Need to allow a connection from the Main Server on 1.200 to the Backoffice
server on 3.200, .. which should be possible with an IPTables rule or
pair.

Any pointers or examples would be appreciated.

	Thanks!

	Lee