[GRLUG] mounting stuff

Topher topher at codeventure.net
Sun Dec 22 18:49:54 EST 2013

I have a 1tb drive that I've been dual booting for years now.

Today I put in an SSD and put Arch on it.  I used os-prober to help GRUB
find my windows partition on the other drive, which it did just fine, so
I'm dual again.

I want to use my Linux partition on the 1tb drive as /home on the new
filesystem.  Can I just that up in fstab and have it magically work?

So that when I add a new user it makes that user's dir on the platter drive?

Related, for now, how would I edit GRUB so that I could boot Linux from
the ssd OR the platter drive?  My grub editing skilz are sad.  :(

Topher