[GRLUG] php.ini won't update

Nathan Phillip Brink binki at gentoo.org
Fri Apr 26 14:40:35 EDT 2013

On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 02:17:16PM -0400, Eric Beversluis wrote:
> I'm trying to update my php.ini file on a clearos CE server. I've gone
> into /etc/php.ini and changed upload_max_file size to 30M and
> memory_limit to 700M, with vi. I've checked back a couple of times with
> cat and the values in the file are correct. But phpinfo() is not showing
> the new values and my SugarCRM keeps prompting me to change them.
>
> I've restarted apache and restarted the server several times. That
> hasn't helped. Checking Loaded Configuration File indicates that in
> fact /etc/php.ini is the loaded file.
>
> I'm working with a copy of the original php.ini file with the old one
> renamed to Xphp.ini-bak. Presumably apache/php is not still reading that
> one when it says it's reading php.ini.
>
> Any ideas?

Since you didn’t mention it explicitly, though I’d be surprised if the
issue is this simple: Oftentimes the default values for things like
memory_limit and upload_max_filesize are written in the php.ini but
commented out. Did you uncomment (remove the semicolon from) the lines
when updating them?

--
binki

Look out for missing or extraneous apostrophes!