[GRLUG] Letter from Comcast

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 20:07:35 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Adam Tauno Williams
> <awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 10:40 -0400, Brad DeVries wrote:

>> If you're comfortable with your network's performance - then it has
>> enough 'speed'.
>>
> Uhm, ya, but one has to put a label on it
> when they order a service.  "I just want a
> speed I'm comfortable with" doesn't help
> a whole lot.

I ran a couple of the popular internet speed tests on a neighbor's
Cricket connection, which indicated my neighbor wasn't getting
anywhere near the 3Mbps speed advertised. My neighbors are comfortable
with that, though I think they would be more comfortable with
something closer to what they are paying for.

I do believe that the speed tests perform a useful function, though
not as much as we would like.

--Don Ellis