[GRLUG] Comcast doubles bandwidth at same popular prices.

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:43:49 EDT 2013

Satellite frequencies are 12.5 GHz.
UHF is basically line of sight, in the 700
to 900 MHz range if I remember correctly,
with all the rain fade problems that satellite
has.  As you suggest, it's retro, and in
about the same category as the phone
company having to support rotary dials
decades after Touch Tone dialing was
introduced, because a small number of
people stood their ground against "Ma
Bell." Video over the air, except for Satellite,
is a gov't decision, not a business one,
although it might come back in some way
for cell phones and other gadgets.