[GRLUG] Old Keyboard?

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Tue Apr 9 10:19:06 EDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-09 at 08:59 -0400, Steven Scherbinski wrote:
> For an old style mechanical keyboard, the old Model M IBM's are still
> being made.  I'm not sure how they are different from the Northgate.
> http://www.pckeyboard.com/

I have a crate of old Model-Ms in my basement, enough to last me the
rest of my days... I assume.  But these do look very nice.

What I miss are the keyboards with additional function keys;  like my
old DEC keyboard that had 24 "F" keys.  You could map key bindings to
things without have to use all kinds of modifiers [Shift+Ctrl+...]  But
that seems to be a thing of the past.

--
Adam Tauno Williams  GPG D95ED383