[GRLUG] Can't upgrade to Fedora 17

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 19:05:47 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Bob Kline <bob.kline at gmail.com> wrote:
> The list usually has one or two high-strung,
> nervous types who believe everyone else is
> an idiot.  These come and go.  I wouldn't
> extend this to the whole list however. It's
> often the case in real world that one has to
> bare the neck a little, in a show of submission,
> before a stronger member helps a weaker one.
> But more often than not one does get good
> help and suggestions here, even if there can
> be a small price - maybe just a small lecture.

Pretty sure I paid my small price sometime between installing redhat
(not RHEL!) 5.1 and maintaining my first FOSS project.  Despite a
"Sorry to bother you guys, but I've googled X, Y, and Z, tried A, B,
and C, and here's what I'm seeing on my end, with logs.  I think it's
a bug." I got the same treatment.

The user-facing part of the Fedora development community is pretty hostile.

It gives me a sad.

--tim