[GRLUG] Can't upgrade to Fedora 17

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Mon Sep 24 18:46:59 EDT 2012

On 9/24/2012 5:47 PM, Steve Romanow wrote:
> Installation is where I always have drama with Fedora.

Progress! I downloaded the live CD (to Win 7) and burned its image with
ImgBurn. That didn't work either when I just let it try to boot--reached
a "Operating system not found" message. So I went back to "Choose
temporary startup device" and selected the Sony opt drive from there. At
least now I'm booted into the live F17. Will get back to it later to see
if the installation goes OK from here. Also will first check what
happens which I switch Legacy Boot Priority back to UEFI.

Anybody have any insight which priority option I should be using (Legacy
or UEFI)?

Stay tuned.