[GRLUG] NOT LINUX

John-Thomas Richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Sep 10 15:17:48 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 02:01:25PM -0500, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> At 01:52 PM 9/10/2012, John-Thomas Richards wrote:
> >> Otherwise, Google owns your browsing history.
> >
> >If Google controls the pipe most of the above become moot.
>
> Sorry, that is not entiresly valid. There could be *hundreds* of
> systems behind a single public IP, so just controlling the public
> traffic does little to differentiate individual users.

Hundreds?  Er, this service is targeted to home users.  In my home we
have maybe fifteen devices connected, with cell phones, game systems,
and computers.

If Google controls the pipe they own far more than just your browsing
history—they own ALL of your data (email, VOIP, etc.) history.
--
john-thomas
------