[GRLUG] Noobie printer question, ..

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:50:37 EDT 2012

You need CUPS on the client machines too

Lets say "server" is the nme of the box the printer is physiclly connected to.

Go to http://server:631/ and go into each printer and make sure under
"administration", that "share printers connected to this system" is
checked. save/apply/etc.

Then on each client machine, go to http://localhost:631/ ...
administration 'add new printer'.. or "find new printers".. it should
be mostly self explanatory from there.