[GRLUG] Laptop not booting

Jeff DeFouw mrj at plorb.com
Tue Oct 30 13:04:50 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:40:44PM -0400, Aj Hekman wrote:
> My hp laptop isn't booting. I can't even get into The bios menu. All I
> get is the HP logo when it first fires up, then a blinking cursor.
>
> Any advice from the hardware enthusiasts? Is it done for?

If removing the battery for a little while doesn't help, I would try
reseating anything easy to get to: RAM, hard disks, optical drives.  If
that doesn't work, take it apart and reseat any other connections you
can find, such as a graphics card, keyboard, etc.  I've seen a BIOS lock
up when something unimportant had a partial connection.

--
Jeff DeFouw <mrj at plorb.com>