[GRLUG] Nexus 7 questions

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:44:22 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 12:23 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Oct 2012, Lloyd wrote:
>
> > "soft" paper towel moistened with Windex followed by a wipe with a
> > microfiber. Removes whatever mess my kids make and hopefully provides
> some
> > infection control!
> >
> Ahh, .. *NEVER* use any sort of paper product on a screen! No matter how
> soft, they can scratch.
>
> A clean cotton cloth (or wipe designed for that) is the only thing that
> should touch a screen.

Agreed!

The Klear Screen product I mentioned  was available in bottles, with
special cleaning cloths (non-woven fabric product), and also in
single-serving packets, with a pair of moist towelettes (two packets with
different solutions and cloths). There is also the specialized cleaner and
lens tissues we used to get for coated camera lenses, that might be
overkill for this kind of daily application, but would certainly be
suitable.

--Don Ellis