[GRLUG] Nexus 7 questions

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 13:06:00 EDT 2012

The literature related to Klear Screen products was emphatic about avoiding
products like Windex because of the permanent, irreversible damage they can
do to plastic surfaces. Current technology may not have those restrictions
when it's made from glass. Why not try it for a while and let us know the
results? Worst case - permanent cloudiness or dullness...

Woud be good to know if their advice still applies, but would have to test
different brands & models to know for sure.

Major ingredient in some of the specialized cleaners is distilled water;
mineral content leaves residue. Soft cloths for polishing is a good idea. I
often use my t-shirt (very soft fabric). RadTech describes their polishing
cloths (which they've incorporated in a number of products) as being
suitable for polishing optical mirrors (as in telescopes).

--Don Ellis