[GRLUG] Used/Cheap monitor with HDMI?

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Sat Oct 27 12:29:22 EDT 2012

Yeah, I've tried that.. I know it is *supposed* to work, but it didn't.

I had just such an adapter, and got nothing. I took it back to Best
Buy, tested it with a brand new monitor that had a DVI input.

Nothing.  Yes, the monitor was DVI-D.

They let me return the adapter for a replacement. Opened it, tried it,
still nothing.

They could offer no explanation for why it shouldn't work.