[GRLUG] linux friendly print/scan server device?

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:00:54 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:44 PM, megadave <megadave at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any thoughts on the NSLU2? (Yes, its a bit late now since its ordered
> already.. :)

It's of the older generation.  I was going to send you a
recommendation after I saw you leaning toward it, but I didn't jump
quickly enough.  Still, I have a half dozen similar devices (Netgear
WGT634U running the latest OpenWRT) still toiling away thanklessly,
without so much as a hiccup in years.  I consider a wireless router,
with a USB port, running OpenWRT to be network duct tape.  In a pinch
it can function as anything from a wireless network adapter, bridge,
repeater, ethernet switch, print / scanner server, file server,
network attached web camera, whatever.  You can never have too many at
your disposal.

--tim