[GRLUG] linux friendly print/scan server device?

megadave megadave at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 11:04:18 EDT 2012

I've seen some info on that.. The problem comes down to being able to
find somewhere to obtain one. Anything I buy needs to be either "buy
in person at local brick&mortar" or order online and have shipped via
USPS only. So many online merchants offer only UPS or worse just vague
"standard shipping".

As it happens, I've done  bit more poking around. Tim suggested
finding a suitable OpenWRT device with USB, and since I'm already
familiar with OpenWRT I decided to do some more research in that area.
Availability is still the trick, but I did manage to find a Linksys
NSLU2 that I think will work for $45. (shipped USPS)