[GRLUG] gnome tracker issue

Eric Beversluis ebever at researchintegration.org
Wed Oct 3 13:29:14 EDT 2012

I'm trying to see how to use tracker. The tracker-search help says,
"Applies an AND operator to all terms separated by a space (see
--or-operator)."

Yet when I run 'tracker-search php return button' or 'tracker-search
"php return button" (I'm trying to find the document that has the phrase
'php return button' in it, "build-class.php"), tracker returns all kinds
of documents, including many from /var/www/html, some of which don't
seem to have the work 'return' in them anywhere, but not the particular
document I'm looking for.

So two questions:
1. Despite what the help says, is tracker-search doing an 'or' search
rather than an 'and' search?

2. Why is it not finding the "build-class.php" document, which has the
desired phrase in it?

<snip>
<?php
//from phpexercises.com/php-exercise-select-field-class.html
//2012-10-03
//includes php return button
</snip>

Thanks.