[GRLUG] globbing

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:56:57 EDT 2012

Not quite stated correctly.  Globbing
chokes after a certain number of bytes,
not files.  i.e., if you're in the habbit
of using 256 byte file names - or whatever
the current length limit is for a typical
Linux system today - you'll run in to it
with fewer files.

On that basis I'll guess the limit might
be closer to 1MB, based on my own
situation.  If all this is true, I've probably
had it, not matter what the help desk
*doesn't* come back with.

   -- Bob