[GRLUG] Linux install question: uefi & SSD caching

AJ Hekman ajhekman at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 16:56:41 EST 2012

I have a new lenovo laptop that I'd like to get Ubuntu up and running on.
While creating restore images to put Windows back on when I'm done with
it (it's for work) I came across a few things that I haven't worked with
before:
+ UEFI
+ Secure Boot
+ 24GB SSD acting as a cache for the 500GB HDD

It looks like it allows me to disable the secure boot.

Does anyone have experience with this setup? I'd like to continue using
the SSD as a cache, I'm not certain if it's a feature built into the
controller, or if it needs OS cooperation.
http://www.lenovo.com/products/us/laptop/thinkpad/t-series/t430u/

Thanks,
AJ