[GRLUG] $50K Prize if You Find Way to Block Robocalls

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:48:07 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Tim Schmidt <timschmidt at gmail.com> wrote:
> DNSBLs sound like a good model to emulate.  The only question I have
> is how hard is it to acquire use of a different native phone network
> address to bypass the DNSBL?

Not easy; you're talking circuit IDs now, not portable numbers. You'd
have to have the telco come out and add new circuits, then remove the
old ones. That's going to be a lot of work in labor, and expensive as
hell.

What will follow from there will be reminiscent of the phreaker days.
Mostly, bad actors dialing into PBXs with unsecured outdials, and
making their calls from there.