[GRLUG] $50K Prize if You Find Way to Block Robocalls

Roger Roelofs roger.roelofs at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:33:52 EST 2012

Google Voice is already doing spam checking.  If you haven't used the web
interface recently, you will be greeted by a dialog asking if you want to
turn this service on.  I have no idea how effective it is since I haven't
published my Google Voice number.  I'm in the process of migrating my old
landline number by first porting it to a trac phone.

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Casey DuBois <casey at grlug.org> wrote:
> > Can we just implement a Google voice solution for ourselves??
>
> Absolutely. There are a bunch of existing VOIP telco providers, and I
> don't believe it's a high barrier to get into that market. It's just
> that most of the tools suck.
>
> (And I don't think anyone's really implemented anything as nice as
> Google Voice's automatic transcripts.)

Roger

Roger Roelofs
Know what you value.