[GRLUG] $50K Prize if You Find Way to Block Robocalls

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 10:10:05 EST 2012

Difficult to do with only access to the phone line, but it would be
comparatively easy for the phone company itself to block these calls.
They'd have to implement an algorithm not unlike those used to detect
credit card fraud, or spam.  If they detect 'spammy' behavior from an
incoming line, they block it.  Of course, this might not make them so
popular with the robocallers, who pay for all those phone lines.  Less
politically risky to try to block the calls at the receiving end.