[GRLUG] can't seem to get my usb tv tuner to work

Mike ironmike52 at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 06:58:12 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: megadave
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2012 9:57 AM
To: Mailing List for LUG in greater Grand Rapids, MI area.
Subject: Re: [GRLUG] can't seem to get my usb tv tuner to work

Have you review the info here, especially the bits at the bottom of
the page (after the very loooooong lsusb output)

http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-HVR-950

I did go to that page.   Very informative but still don't work.  I am a
Microsoft guy trying Linux out and sometimes I don't know the simplest
commands. I got thru all directions but the   " run the extract_xc3028.pl
script found in linux/Documentation/video4linux: ".  I believe I don't have
that file on the computer yet.